LATINESQUE BALLROOM AND LATIN DANCE STUDIO
GUIDELINES AND DANCE ETIQUETTE
Dancing is a fabulous hobby a great way to meet people and get some exercise! However, since it is a social activity and involves other people, we have some “common sense” guidelines that we would ask all students to abide by so that everyone can enjoy their group/private lessons and have a wonderful studio experience!
- Please be on time and attend regularly.
- You will be changing partners in group classes even if you signed up with someone. Your first partner will be your primary partner but you will get a chance to dance with everyone else at some point in the class.
- Please do not try to teach other students/partners. People may take offense to this.
- Please be polite and respectful of all students and staff.
- Please refrain from talking to other students/partners while the teacher is trying to instruct.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions! This is how we learn. You will never be ridiculed for asking questions or having something clarified.
- If you are waiting for your group class to start but one is still in progress, please keep your voice down as not to bother your fellow students trying to learn.
- A Private lesson means you have your own instructor to yourself. Not the whole studio! There may be other instructors on the floor with their students at the same time slot as yours.
- Please arrive no more than 5 min. ahead of your lesson and please leave promptly afterward. Some people (especially beginners) can find it uncomfortable when others are sitting watching the lesson.
- Please shower and use deodorant. Dancing is exercise! You will be in close proximity to other people when in dance position. You can expect to sweat either from the physical aspect or just from nerves:)
- A small breath mint or spray is a good idea as well. Best not to chew gum as it can be annoying when the person you are dancing with is constantly chomping!
- It is common for people who sweat allot to bring a small towel or fresh shirt/top to change into, especially if you are taking more than one class in the night.
We here at Latinesque Dance Studio want everyone to have a great experience learning to dance! We hope you understand the necessity of these guidelines and will abide by them. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines please don’t hesitate to talk to us. We will listen.